Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Boys Cry

Like all of us I have been drenched in information of haitis disaster. My heart aches at what they are going through.  I can not even imagine in  my safe little world what these poor people are going thru. I was inspired to write this after i saw a disaster stricken young boys face on the evening news.

Slowly my body tired and beat I continued on with small steps,
looking down at my feet, the chalky grey dust mixed with the
blood of others that I had climbed over to reach the sky.
Up and out of the darkness into the light.
Where was I?
Where woud I go?
I hear too much,
too much screaming,
too much crying.
What has happened?
Feeling so lost my feet keep moving forward.
Maybe my eyes will bring me to a familiar face,
to a familiar place,
I do not know this place.
My body crumples to the ground,
No more can my feet carry me.
Tears have welled up inside my eyes,
As I blink they seem to flood my cheeks below.
Now it is my own voice I hear,
crying, screaming,
I must scream louder than all the rest,
I must,
Mother it is me Jacob,
Mother help me,
please mother help me,
someone, anyone please help me,
My voice grew weary,
I closed my eyes and in my mind said the words,
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this brings tears to my eyes, I wish I can do more, but all I can do is pray. Odd that sometimes new life is taken for granted and not appreciated. I am thinking of some things we have talked about. be well my new blog buddy!

    ReplyDelete