Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Introduction

There in front of me on the tube was this energetic lively fella who clearly loved what he was doing.

Just as I had thought that, he said how much he loved his life as he does what he loves best, cooking.

A lot had happened this past year. My father had passed away suddenly and well it makes you reassess your life. Also at 40 I fell in love with a man who made me feel like life could not get any better. I was happy in love, blessed with my two children and could not ask for better people surrounding me in my world. What could I possibly want more, maybe been blessed with so much gives you realization that having it all is possible.

I liked my job, I liked the people I worked with and I was constantly amazed by there dedication on a daily basis. So many of them had obviously found there passion and there calling. Now I liked my job but truthfully found it very difficult to go, once I was there then all was fine, but the passion to get there was another story. Maybe the happenings of this past year is what I needed to make a change.

I had a passion that I toyed with when I put ink to paper and the ideas flowed freely. It was the thing that wakes me in the night and keeps me up for hours with the words running through my brain. What I loved was poetry, creating it, writing it, feeling it take over as if it had a mind of its own. This was my passion my love so why was I not doing it everyday. The reasons are endless mainly it was thought of to be a hobby and the thought of it being ones work was too lavish a thought.

After losing my father and realizing that he absolutely died doing what he loved best, brought me much comfort. So on a venture I began knowing not where to start or where it would end. I knew what brought me happiness and that I too shall die someday as we all do. When that time shall come I too shall die doing what I love best which is writing poetry. My hope would be that I could bring as much happiness to one who may read it as I have had writing it.

Now I set forth armed with my words, pen, paper and passion.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation on your endeavor. I wish all the best in obtaining your dream. Remember life is not about how hard you fall, but about high you bounce. I hope you bounce so high that everything you dream is attainable.

    ReplyDelete