Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Valentines around the corner

I was happy being alone, I loved being the best mom i could to my boys and our lives were so much better than they were when i was married.  So years went by me being satisfied with life but in retrospect iknow that i was synical about relationships and true love.  Regretably i even told my young 20 year old niece that the love you read about or hear about is only in the movies.  I am certain she has no long term affects of that comment as she herself has since fallen deep in love and has also seen my life change since that statement was made.  So as years went by aprox. 9 i began to think of only dating.  I don't know why i waited so long to even thinkof it but i am glad i did.  In those years i embraced who I was and what i wanted out of life an frankly all my energy was put into my two children.  Now with more of their independence i began to think of such things.  After dating for awhile I came across the man who made me believe in love again.  The woman who just wanted to date found herself In real love for the first time in her life and was finally being loved the way she deserved.  I wrote a poem to my beloved on his last birthday, I thank everyday for what we have.

Suddenly like the dawn of
          a new day,
You came into my life
and paved your way.

Your soft and gentle
             voice,
Left my heart but little
             choice.
To fall hard and fast
Knowing all the while
         it would last.

Your kind smile, warm
hands, and your loving
            embrace
Make the darkest of days
       so easy to face.

You showed me the way
thru the fog and the mist,
You showed me that true
        love does exist.

I look forward to each
    day together,
And know this that
   I will love you
          Forever!

3 comments:

  1. very nice, I am glad that you have found true love. It is wonderful! All will be well for your niece. May your love last forever. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one to find their true love. I am glad you waited for me to come into your life, and I have enjoyed every minute I have spent with you. I will love you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so sweet!Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete